Sunday

time again

I believe this is my longest stretch without a blog. Nothing deep or spiritual, I just have been busy and haven't blogged and don't really have a reason - I was just doing other things. But I think it's time to blog again.

This morning at church I am subbing for a brother and teaching Sunday School for the adults. They asked me to teach something on raising children, disciplining children. Not discipling, disciplining. So it's on to Proverbs we go. It is amazing the wealth found in those 31 chapters and for the next two weeks we're going to mine a teeny but of it and see what we come up with.

For certain: children need discipline and it is the parent's responsibility to give it. What truth there is in Proverbs 23:24:

"The father of godly children has cause for joy.
What a pleasure to have children who are wise"

Our kids are 5, 3 and 1 and we can already see this reality. Lord, help us raise wise children! Because honestly, without Him, there's not going to be a lot of wisdom. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: