Monday

It's the ramble zone

I keep wanting to blog. I really do. I blame facebook. :) My generation is good at blaming. I think we learned it from the Boomers.

So we have a team of folks coming to Guatemala Friday. They are from CBC and we pretty much could not be more excited. They'll be working with an orphanage nearby.

So being a parent is really hard. They should teach that to highschoolers instead of how to roll a condom onto a banana. Of course actually parenting a child is quite different from making one so maybe that disconnect is too much for a 17 year old. But I don't think it is. Anyway, I say it's hard because you're just not allowed to be selfish and stupid without it affecting your children. If you snap at them, that's bad. If you are too lenient, that's bad. Jenny and I have come to the conclusion that we are amazed at how much training people get for all manner of things and yet any pair of idiots can make babies and fail to raise them in any beneficial manner. Then you get generational idiocy...but that's another blog.

Ah...I hear one of our children now. Off for another day.

5 comments:

Mike Messerli said...

I think you would be more excited if I were on the team....but alas, I didn't make the cut. maybe next time. tell your sweetie hi for me.

michelle said...

My little girl tells me at least once a week that she wants to be a mommy so she can do whatever she wants. Glad I make it look so easy!

Schweers' Mom said...

I wish I were there with the team! Maybe next time...

Clayton said...

Rebelsh read this and she couldn't help feeling like you were talking about us. But how did you know we were having a baby? I sure hope our child doesn't lead to generational idiocy. Thanks for the encouragement. :)

Mike Messerli said...

ok, where are you? time for an update...come on, cough it up. how was the mission trip? we want a report!