Wednesday

order up

My, my, my.

I must admit I find it hard to blog on a regular basis. This is, of course, quite evident. It's not so much a lack of desire as it is having 10 or 20 minutes to sit and type something worth reading. But anyway.

I'm sitting here on a lovely cool morning listening to a little bird and coffee maker symphony. I like routine. I do. I'm not freaky about it, but I function better when there is some consistency to life. I used to think that meant I lacked flexibility or spontaneity and therefore creativity, but at this phase in life a little order is in order.

I simply have a lot of things to do that require disciple to do them. Everything from exercise to things with work and supporters to family require that I actually plan them and do them. I can't just float through like a dandelion puff. When I do that I get blown around too much. And I'm not really talking about seizing control and pumping it up in the air in victory. I'm just talking about asking the Lord what He wants me to do, then planning it, laying those plans before Him, and then doing them. I can't control all the peripheral stuff like the washer leaking and kids getting sick, but I can arrange life so that I have opportunity to do things that matter. Actually, I think that boundaries are a great conduit for creativity, but maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Anyhoo...probably a funny post for a blog named Ramble Zone, but that's where I'm at today. The coffee is ready, and now so am I.

I just noticed that the time stamp on Blogger is on daylight savings time, where as I am not. Blogger is an hour ahead of me. That's strange for some reason. Ok then. Time for coffee.

4 comments:

haitimom said...

You and your brother write so much better than most of the stuff I read. This is not a biased comment just cause it's me. It's the truth. And yes boundaries and structure is(are?) a good thing. Just don't use them as I should. I am glad you'll are back home again.

It is true, there is no place like home.

Brent said...

I've always believed that creativity requires discipline. In fact, Donald Miller told me he read a quote from somebody that says, "The Muse honors the working stiff." The idea is that you show up every day, you do your art, and 80% of it will be bad, but when the Muse shows up on day 5 or 6, well, it's incredible.

Brent said...

BTW, I think there's a metaphor for the spiritual life in that statement, too.

Simone Prado said...

Parabéns pelo belo texto reflexivo!!!