Monday

just 2 days, 2 hours and 13 minutes.

Today I begin the 2-day journey to see my wife and babies. As an enormous bonus I will get to see my mom (first time since October) and brother and sister-in-law and two of my closest friends en route. I'll drive 150 miles in 3 1/2 hours through the beautiful mountains of Guatemala, try not to get killed by a chicken bus, spend the night with missionary friends and enjoy their wonderful hospitality, wake up at 3:45 am on Tuesday and have lunch in Dallas with my friends. I'll get to hug my mom and brother and his wonderful wife. I'll only get 24 hours with them, but I certainly will enjoy it. Then on Wednesday I will fly 300 miles in 40 minutes to see my love and heart and life, Jenny. I will wake our son up from his nap that day and I will hold him and laugh and kiss his face until he wants down to run. I will get to hear my daughter say "daddy" and nuzzle her tummy while I changer her diaper - a task I am looking forward to.

I'm not sure when I will blog again...maybe next weekend.

This was not a planned trip. Well, not planned in advance. A little spontaneity is good for the soul.

1 comment:

Gerald said...

AMEN AND AMEN BRO, stay safe!