Saturday

On toots and T-Rexes

Our son is 3 and close-to-a-half so it's just fun when he talks. He was not going down well at night so we started limiting his afternoon nap to an hour and a half so he'll go to sleep without full-on riot police intervention.

Jenny woke him up yesterday and he rolled up into the sitting position, nap sweaty with his blankie in hand, looked Jenny dead in the eyes and said, "That T-Rex is gonna have to run a lot faster than that to catch me."

Atta boy!

I'd love to have a 3 year old's dreams.

Of course he also passes gas and walks up to me and says, "Daddy. Smell it. Smell the stinky. Smell it."

Boys.

I'm glad my wife has a brother so she hasn't been just utterly shocked.

7 comments:

ryan said...

This may be your greatest post ever! I can't wait for my little boy to be here and have some awesome dreams where he out runs a T-Rex.

Love you guys.

Mike Messerli said...

great post! made me smile early in the morning...thanks.

Chris Pray said...

Awesome.

Brandon and Jenny said...

I have noticed that not one female has posted about how she thought this was funny.

Nathan said...

Brilliance.

Sarah Earnhart said...

Hello there! My name is Sarah Beth and I’m an MK in Peru! I came across your blog today and I was wondering if it would be ok with you if I added your blog to my blog. See, I have a blog for MKs and I’m added other missionaries blogs that way other ppl can see what God is doing in your field through your ministry.

My blog it: http://theotherside-mks.blogspot.com

Thanks!

Smiling for Jesus,
Sarah Beth

Brandon and Jenny said...

Sarah Beth - Hello back!

Of course you can add my blog. Thank you for your kind request.

May I add yours to my blog roll as well?

How cool to see an MK who's heart is for the Lord. Praise Jesus!

Que Dios le bengida!