Monday

Just another guy come wednesday

President Bush had his final press conference this morning. The report ended with this:

"Bush seemed to struggle to envision himself on Jan. 21, his first day back at home and without a job.

"I'm a Type A personality. I just can't envision myself, you know, the big straw hat and a Hawaiian shirt sitting on some beach," he said. But, he added, it would probably be a pretty low-key day with him and his wife, Laura, at his ranch in Texas. "I wake up in Crawford on Tuesday morning—I mean, Wednesday morning, and I suspect I'll make Laura coffee and, you know, go get it for her.""

I know a lot of folks don't like the guy or think he was our worst president in history (a ridiculous thing to say), but having studied him a little, well, I like the man. He was no Lincoln (we may never have another) but he is, I think, at his core, a man of good principles, of character and he is, most importantly, a brother in Christ.

I hope next Wednesday he can bring his wife coffee and sit and talk with her without having to lead the most powerful nation in the world. Maybe they can just...be. I bet Laura couldn't be more excited.

No comments: