Ever noticed how simple things can bring a lot of joy?
Here's a few from me:
- Beans and cornbread. Cost $.75 and man, we really like it in our house. Simple.
- Sleeping through the night. A seemingly simple thing but when you don't' get it for awhile, whew.
- BabyM's chipmunk smile. She got huge teeth now.
- Hot showers. If you don't get this one imagine them not hot.
- Kisses from a toddler.
- A fire. Outside. At night. When its crisp.
- Toast. It's amazing the difference it makes when compared to just plain bread.
- Cat's purring. It's a mystery but it's cool.
- Diapers that work. Just read the previous blog to see why that one's in here.
- Singing. hymns, U2, whatever. It''s good.
- Cold milk. I know this is like the toast example, but wetter. And dairy.
- Children's laughter. We lived off of it here in the Scott house.
But all these things are simple. And we live in a world that seems to be getting more and more complicated. With a few exceptions these things have been available for us humans for a very long time. And I don't have to go into debt to enjoy them. Enjoy. That's a word we seem to have too little of. And life is frustrating enough without enjoying something - good. And simple. Anyway.
What are some things that you enjoy? Take some of mine. They're free! I'd love to hear a few of yours. Unless they're not fun. Then please don't put them. Weird is good, but not not-fun.