Sunday

favorite phrase

Languages are cool. I only know one and am learning another, but it's still cool. I'm going to start putting down my favorite phrase of the week. Normally it will be a colloquialism or some kind of idiomatic phrase that makes me laugh or makes me think. And hopefully they will be funny or thought provoking to you too. I mean, they always make me think because I have to translate it but, anyway. Here's the first installment.

No te ahogues en un vaso de agua

"Don't drown in a glass of water"

I love that! And I need to hear that. How funny that I can take something so small and turn it into something so huge. I do that when I forget who God is and how I fit into things. And I make a big deal of what is, in reality, nothing. The Lord keeps my perspective where it needs to be - on Him - and not on the size of the glass. I love that phrase. I just need to make sure to apply it.

1 comment:

cookiehawk77 said...

I've been known to do that!

I wonder if that's a Haitian proverb, too?