Saturday

time for a little namesake

I have a lot I'd like to write about but couldn't put much of it together today so I'm just going to ramble for a bit.

Anybody know why our diesel minivan gets bad city mileage? Is it normal to get really bad mileage in the city with a diesel?

I just love our children. BoyD may be a genius. We're pretty sure. He memorized a 46 page book on sharks. We think it was the in-utero Mozart. Or he just takes after his mother. Either way it won't be long until he can outsmart me so I have to be thinking ahead. Thankfully his mommy is smarter than me. :-) She hates it when I say that. BabyM is now mobile. She's only 6 months old but she barrel rolls, then flips to change direction. We found her under her rocking chair after 3 minutes alone in her room. That's the end of leaving her playing on her little baby gym.

I cannot wait for Red Raider football to start. I know I won't see a single game...but I can listen on internet radio. How incredible is that?

We saw the X-Files movie last night. In English! It was really special. And it was, well, like a 90 minute X-files episode so we liked it. Jenny's a nut for the X-files.

Did I mentions Jenny is attending a women's conference today? At our church? I'm so proud of her! So her and a friend and BabyM are going to do whatever women do at a Guatemalan womens conference. Me and BoyD are having ManDay. Should be lots of fun.

We have a eucalyptus tree in our yard. I planted it when we moved here. It's not very big yet, 4ft or so. But when it gets bigger I want to try to find a koala to live in it. Actually, that's probably not a very good idea. I've heard they are mean. But I do want to get some timbers and make a garden area. Just a 2x10 foot area for a few veggies. Our whole back yard is I 10x30 or a little smaller but it's a yard so we're pumped. And I think I can grow tomatoes year round here...something unthinkable to my North Texas mind.

I hope anyone who reads this and still gets summer breaks is enjoying it. Most of life does not have a summer break so, take it and enjoy it. The 'real world' (whatever that means) will wait for you.

Well that's about it for now. BoyD and I are going to try to build something today together. Not sure what yet but it will probably include cardboard and a lot of fun. Enjoy your Saturday!

3 comments:

cookiehawk77 said...

Mark says diesels take a lot of fuel to get a load going but not much to keep it going. Any steep hills or lots of stops and starts are going to make that worse. Of course, I don't know how you define "bad mileage" and what your vehicle is rated at. If Guatemala is like Haiti, the diesel is probably much cheaper than gasoline. Does that help?

Toni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Toni said...

Sorry, I misspelled.
They have koalas in Guatemala?