Friday

Something worth seeing

Jenny and I saw this while at training in North Carolina. I don't know the whole story behind it other than what you see - a father running the Ironman Triathlon with his disabled son. Please take a few minutes, let it load, and just watch and consider. I put a few Scripture verses below just for a minute of reflection. It's pretty awesome. Oh, that I would both so rest in the love of my Heavenly Father and love my children in such a way.




2 Cor 13:2,4 "He is not weak in dealing with you, but is powerful among you. 4For to be sure, he was crucified in weakness, yet he lives by God's power. Likewise, we are weak in him, yet by God's power we will live with him to serve you."

1 Cor. 10:8 "Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

1 Thes 3:12 "May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you."

1 John 3:1 "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 2Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is."

3 comments:

angelface0721 said...

that brought tears to my eyes. very touching. his son was so happy to be a part of something with his dad. i loved seeing the pure joy on his face.

cookiehawk77 said...

What a beautiful picture of the Christian life! We can do nothing on our own. He provides all the strength and energy. Yet he chooses to include us, to use us, to let us experience His victory!

Thanks!

Brandon and Jenny said...

It is amazing, isn't it?