Tuesday

reboot needed

Ugh. My brain is mushy today. Like a computer that needs to be rebooted. We've changed schedules so we study from 2-7 M-F instead of 8-1 and it messes me up. I'm not good in the afternoon - always hit a slump. And we've been without sun for a few days. Man, I'm sorry for all you Portland folks! At least a little.

So, on a day like today, it's difficult to apply things from a book about ordering your private world and bringing discipline into your life. But I guess that's sort of the point. Discipline is, well, not meant to be fun. It's meant to grow us. But today, I think it might grow me a little less. Boy, if I could pay for a nap today I'd do it!

4 comments:

Ian said...

HAH! That's what you get for taking shots at us Texans by reminding us of how it's only in the 70's there.

God (who loves Texas) is denying you sunlight for speaking against His beloved state.

SINNER!!!!!!

I'll bet if you say any more He'll make frogs rain down upon you.

Repent, I say. Confess your sins and REPENT! It's the only you'll ever see the sun again!

Thus sayeth your ridiculous brother.

Brandon and Jenny said...

Haha. Don't get me wrong, I love Texas (both our children have been born there on purpose) and, of course, it's a local call to the Lord from Lubbock, or so goes the joke.

But it's still HOT there.

It gets hot here - just not in the mountains of Quetzaltenango, where they grow the Insanity Pepper!

Ian said...

But it's still HOT there.

And all God's people said "A-men"

It's killer, man - we're looking at pushing 100 today. Those 70's are sounding pretty good right about now. It doesn't get that cool at night anymore.

eep.

word verification: edoyim

Isn't that one of the Hebrew names of God or something like that? ;-P

Brandon and Jenny said...

Hah. Very close.

Elohim is the name you are thinking of. But GREAT to catch that. It means God as creator and judge. The name for God in "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" from Gen. 1:1 is Elohim.

I found a really cool site http://www.hebrew4christian.org/Names_of_G-d/Elohim/elohim.html
that goes into all that. very cool.