Tuesday

the weather won't listen to me

Apparently my request went unheeded.

I saw the sun yesterday. For 7 minutes. It shined in the window while I studied Spanish. It was the first time I had seen it since last Wednesday. Or maybe it was Tuesday. It has rained and rained and rained. Although it's not a real heavy rain, so that's good.

You folks in Texas will be jealous of this, but it has not gotten out of the 50's for 3 or 4 days now. Our house has steadily dropped a degree or two as it heads toward equilibrium with the outdoors. We are in layers and fleeces and drink lots of hot beverages. All in all, not too bad.

But we sure miss the sun. It's funny how you get used to that big fireball heating things up.

I think the rain is supposed to thin out by weeks end. The roads out in the country are beginning to take a beating and many of the buses here can't run so many businesses are closed because folks can't get to work. Crazy. I managed to get my errands run yesterday - woohoo! So it's wait it out and study time.

Sorry Texas folks. I don't envy your heat wave.

No comments: