Saturday

woohoo college sports!


My brother in law gave us tickets to see the Texas Tech Lady Raiders play SMU tonight.

So Jenny and mom-in-law and the nipper and I went and just had a bast!

The United Spirit Arena is a beautiful venue and, of course, the Lady Raiders pulled out a nice win 75-70 for an exciting game. Deacon learned to cheer and yell "Go Raiders!" and he even 'caught' a mini-basketball that a cheerleader walked up into the stands and gave to him. Of course I forgot the camera. Argh. But I can assure you he was decked out in full on Red Raider apparel.

Oh, as for the considering others...I actually took care of Deacon that whole day because Jenny had to go to 2 funerals that day. And I guess it's not as hard to consider your son as more important than me. I mean, at this point it's pretty one way. But it was a great exercise to actually think about what that looks like in every situation.

2 comments:

Mike Messerli said...

thanks for the post. we do miss you being here, but glad you are doing well.

Brandon and Jenny said...

Well, we miss being there. And we miss being in Guatemala too. I guess no matter where we are we miss people we love.

But I guess that's a good thing.