Sunday

Too tired to nap

This is the first time I have had a chance to sit at a computer since August 16th. We had a team come in and my oh my is that a busy time.

I tried to take a nap this afternoon. Ever tried to do that? I'm not the best napper. I need it dark and quiet and mostly I need my mind to get out of gear and coast into a rest stop. Not today.

There are a lot of things going on that require my immediate and full attention. But I must confess that I am so utterly exhausted that I cannot seem to stand up to the task. I read this on Mike Messerli's blog. It's Proverbs 3:5-6 from the Message:

Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
he's the one who will keep you on track.

I like how it says to trust God, "from the bottom of your heart" because that's about where I am today. I'm on empty. And yet empty is good with God because where I run out, He is. I have some big decisions to make and I must make them sooner that I would like. And the process has worn me down to a nub. But God turns nubs into masterpieces, doesn't He? He is the Master of the worn and the tired. He is a redeemer of things, of people, of situations. And it's not my job to figure everything out. Just to trust Him. And to listen to His voice. Because I have to tell you that when it comes to making decisions I hear a lot of voices. But I only need to listen to one of them.

"Listen to God's voice in everything you do."

Oh, and that is what I need. Because when I am listening to His voice, all the other's either line up with His or they blend into static, like a radio station out of tune. O, Lord, tune my mind, my heart, my will to the frequency of Your voice! And join me as I worship at the sound - the voice of the Shepherd, the Father, the Spirit.

1 comment:

cookiehawk77 said...

Praying for you -- for decisions, for focus, for clarity, for tuning in His voice.
Carol