Monday

Just enjoy today!

Yesterday was Father's Day and I wasn't able to call my dad or spend any time with him. That's one of the most very crummy parts of living in another country. But I was able to spend time with my little boy. He wasn't even in the best of moods yesterday (maybe a new tooth?) but that didn't matter too much. All he wanted to do was be held or cuddled or touched in some way even if it was just to sit in my lap and read the same book 25 times or watch elmo while he woke up from his nap. If I set him down to do something and he had to be away from me be fussed and reached his little hands up in the air and tried to get in front of where I was going and grab onto my pants and climb up me. He was only satisfied when I paid attention to him again, when I was just with him.

Psalm 97 says this:

11 Light is sown like seed for the righteous
And gladness for the upright in heart.
12 Be glad in the LORD, you righteous ones,
And give thanks to His holy name.

It says, "be glad in the LORD, you righteous ones." I'm only righteous because of Jesus - but that means I'm REALLY righteous. How much more righteous could a person get than for God to say, "You are righteous"? So that means I can 'be glad in the LORD'. Just like Deacon was only satisfied when my attention was turned to him, so should I only be satisfied when MY attention is turned to God. Because His attention is turned to me, to you, to each one of His children. I can be glad in Him, I can sit in His lap, talk with Him, and give thanks to Him. He sows light for us to enjoy and plants seeds of gladness into our hearts. What better way for those seeds to grow into big huge Gladness Plants that bear huge Gladness Fruit than to spend time with the one who makes it all anyway?

To be glad means to, "experience pleasure, joy, or delight, to be made pleased, satisfied, or grateful; marked by, expressive of, or caused by happiness and joy, or causing happiness and joy."

God invites us to experience pleasure, joy and delight in Him and to be a people marked by happiness and even to be people who cause happiness and joy in others. How? By experiencing our Heavenly Father! By being unwilling to accept anything other than genuine fellowship with Him. By spending time with Him and listening and learning and being 'made glad'

So be glad today! Enjoy today! Let the Lord cultivate those seeds of light and gladness. Spend time with your heavenly Father today and let Him leave His aroma of gladness all over you so that others can enjoy Him too!

Thank You Lord!

No comments: