Thursday

Ah, Life


I promise pictures of the puppy soon - maybe later today. And some updated pictures of Deacon. He's sleeping right now which is probably the best time to get a picture of him that isn't blurry.

I was reading in Psalm 61 the other day and was drawn again to v.2


"From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I"

Tangent:
I have a dear friend who has a ministry called Higher Rock Ministries
He took the name from this psalm and every time I read it I get to think about his ministry and pray for him. It's a truly wonderful ministry.

So. I love this verse. "From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint". Ever feel like that? Like your at the edge of the world, that one more step and you will forever exit God's creation? Where your heart is so weakened that you can hardly stand? Where you are TIRED and WEAK and just plain out. Where all you can do is raise a hand half-way and say, "I'm done. I'm out." and lay down with a sigh?

I have. A lot. And the other day I read this and though I was sitting in a nice comfortable chair at 6 whatever in the morning with a cup of coffee, I still felt like a man worn out, tired. Like I had laid my head down on the desk in the middle of class and flopped my arms at my side. When my heart was faint, I cried out. Not a loud cry, not even audible, but the Lord doesn't need loud to hear. I just asked the Lord, "Lead me to the rock that is higher than I, Lord, because I just, need You to do that."

And so He does. He lifts and puts and cares and comforts because that's who He is. And oh how I need Him to do that.

Ever see the movie Tremors? Whenever the folks were on the ground the big worm things could get them. But on the rocks they were safe.

We're Rock People and we need the Lord to lead us there. I invite you to chew on Psalm 62 a little, to rest, to be lead. Because Lord knows it ain't safe out there when I'm rested and ready for anything. How much less when my heart is faint?

Praise God that He is a leader of the faint-hearted, the end-of-the-earthers! Man.

No comments: