Saturday

I can see my breath

Its cold and beautiful this morning. It's 40 out here ( I have to check e-mail outside) and 58 in the house. Not cold for the states but cold for a place where no one has heat.

Birds sing in the morning although I don't ever see them. Oh wait. There's one now. I guess I've just never looked. Cool.

We like it here. Most of the time anyway. Thursday, there was all this haze in the air and my car looked like it was covered in gray flour. I asked what it was and was told that Santiagito was crazy today.















That's Santiagito - the little one in front. The big one is Santa Maria. We live in the valley on the other side, but when the wind is wrong, we get ashed. Not sure if that's good or bad but it is what it is. Probably we will try to stay indoors like on a red level ozone day in Dallas.

The town we live in is called Quetzaltenango but the Mayan name for it is Xelaju Noch (Xela -'shaylah' for short). It means "between 10 volcanoes". Since most of them are inactive it's pretty cool. Although a bit ashy.

You know what else is cool? My brother. Check out this great list on his blog.
He is such a great example of the grace of God. Those of you who think that's not the highest compliment don't understand God. I am more proud of Ian than any other person. Way to go God!

Ok. Happy saturday! No school today. Woo! We can learn Spanish sin escuela.


2 comments:

Mike Messerli said...

Brandon, thanks for the posts. It's so great to be able to keep up with you. It sounds like God is really working...even as you prepare for the task.
We will continue to pray.

Ian said...

I can do all things through Christ, who strentghens me.

Thanks, Brandon.