Wednesday

God is Fun

I really like God. I mean, I love Him, though not very well most days, but I like Him.

I think He's - cool.

Here's the deal. We are moving into a new house and we are just really excited. We also have lots of things to buy. Look at it this way. It's a house that has sinks and toilets and closets - and that's it. And we sold 90% of our stuff before we came down here. Trashcans, dish dryers - everything you can think of including furniture etc - we have to buy. And we're missionaries so there is a very real sense that our money is not ours. We're just stewards of other's generosity and we want to be GOOD stewards - we want to spend that money well.

So, yesterday I asked the Lord to help us do that. No specifics or anything, just asking my Father for help.

Well, across the street fro our language school is a guest house and the folks who own it are moving to Switzerland and selling everything. And we bought most of it. For really cheap. And it's this amazing wooden stuff like this:















That's a stool (the huggies we bought at the store :-)
And a bedside table.



Anyway, it's this amazing stuff and we got a table a 4 chairs, an armoire, mirrors, another table, a double bed for a guest room (come visit!) all for less than what we would have paid a carpenter to make 1 or 2 things. I mean, wow!

And this morning I just needed the Lord to show Me his glory. Ever feel like that, when you just sort want to me awed? Well, I read Psalm 24:

1 The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it,
the world, and all who live in it;

2 for he founded it upon the seas
and established it upon the waters.

9 Lift up your heads, O you gates;
lift them up, you ancient doors,
that the King of glory may come in.

10 Who is he, this King of glory?
The LORD Almighty—
he is the King of glory.
Selah

WOW! I mean, how awesome.

So God is Fun and being his child is fun. I think that's about all I have to say about that.

2 comments:

Brent said...

"Wake up, son! I'll be taking these Huggies and whatever cash you've got in the register."

Say THAT the next time you're at the store there...that'd be fun.

Seriously...that's so cool about God's provision of furniture. Very nifty.

Brandon and Jenny said...

"Hurry it up. I'm in dutch with the wife"

I think Jenny's reaction might be similar. And Deacon's about Nathan Jr. age now I reckon.