Monday

Baby its cold outside


It's 25 degrees out there and the cat outside keeps reminding me.

I love winter. I really do. I like the cold because I have fire, a warm place to sleep, hot coffee to drink. Otherwise, I don't think I'd like it much.

I went outside this morning to get my Bible from the car - that's not where it usually is - but my blue-covered Bible and Jenny's red-covered Bible went camping after church. I had to pry the door open because it was iced shut.

In Lubbock it has not been above freezing since Friday - three days ago. That's cold in my book. Now I know you Northerners think that's nothing but those of us who do not have walrus hide for skin find it a bit nippy.

I love Texas. My wife and I were born here and so was our son. But having been here now for nearly five weeks (3 weeks longer than we planned) it is now quite clear to us that this state which we love is no longer home.

And while freeing, it is quite difficult. We belong in Guatemala and we want to get back there sooner than now. Yet the Lord has let us wait. He has tarried in allowing us to return. And now I think I know why.

We had gotten used to many of the comforts available here in the US. Drinkable tap water is nice. But here is not where God wants us now, and there is a burden in not being where He wants you. And now we are excited to return.

Now it's 24.

We leave for home tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mike Messerli said...

we will be praying for you, dear friend. have a great trip home, and keep in touch.