Saturday

Best love song ever

On a not-so-deep note, those who know me know that I love my wife, Jenny, like crazy. She's just fantastic. Now, we don't really have a 'song', but if we had to pick one, this might be it.

Jim Croche's "Time in a Bottle"

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that Id like to do
Is to save every day
Till eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
Id save every day like a treasure and then,
Again, I would spend them with you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
Ive looked around enough to know
That youre the one I want to go
Through time with

If I had a box just for wishes
And dreams that had never come true
The box would be empty
Except for the memory
Of how they were answered by you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
Ive looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go
Through time with



What do you think? That's my vote for best love song ever. I know it's lame without the music but I don't know how to do that yet. Maybe it's lame with the music, but we like it!

2 comments:

Joye said...

That is the sweetest thing a husband could say! She sure is a precious one, and she's blessed to have a husband who loves her so much.

OCDmunkey said...

OK - I have two. First, the real one.

"Come What May"
(from the movie Moulin Rouge, performed by Ewan MacGregor & Nicole Kidman)

Never knew I could feel like this
Like I've never seen the sky before
I want to vanish inside your kiss
Every day i'm loving you more than this
Listen to my heart, can you hear it sings
Telling me to give you everything
Seasons may change, winter to spring
But I love you until the end of time

Come what may
Come what may
I will love you until my dying day

Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place
Suddenly it moves with such a perfect grace
Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste
It all revolves around you
And there's no mountain too high
No river too wide
Sing out this song I'll be there by your side
Storm clouds may gather
And stars may collide
But I love you until the end of time

Come what may
Come what may
I will love you until my dying day

Oh, come what may, come what may
I will love you, I will love you
Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place

Come what may
Come what may
I will love you until my dying day


And, the uh....other one.

"Love rears it's Ugly Head"
- Living Colour Time's Up (1990)

I always thought our relationship was cool
You played the role of having sense
I always played the fool
Now somethings different
I dont know the reason why
Whenever we separate
I almost want to cry

Oh no, please not that again
Love rears up its ugly head

And when I come home late you dont complain or call
So as a consequence I don't go out at all
My friends are frightened
They dont know whats going on
They think you put a spell on me
And now my mind is gone

Oh no, please not that again
Love rears up its ugly head

Love's not so bad they say
But you never know where love is gonna go

Does anybody really know?

Im standing at the altar
As they play the wedding march
Im in a black tuxedo with my collar full of starch
She looks as lovely as she's ever gonna get
I wake up from this nightmare in a pool of sweat

Oh no, please not that again
Love rears up its ugly head

What you gonna do
What you gonna do when it comes and gets you?