Saturday

The Lord is Our Shephard

I was going to quote Psalm 23 for you all here but I'd rather you open up your own Bibles and spend a little time there.

We're here in Guatemala. God is really good and yet our time has been...weird.

We had a hard time with our bags leaving DFW but by God's grace and the INCREDIBLE kindness and generosity of the Farney's, Tolemans and Shoemakers, we have our bags. Thank you.

We landed in Guatemala with enough luggage to stage a coup. The Coreano's picked us up and have been the only reason we're fed and have a place to sleep. Seriously. We ate at Chili's the first night. No kidding. I had the Monterrey Chicken. Weird, huh?

We have cell phones now and I'll put those on our website soon. We've been really busy trying to get things done. Some things (like the phones) have gone unbelievably well. Other things, like getting stuff done at the Embassy, have been hours spent doing nothing. Welcome to Guatemala!

Tomorrow we pick up a team of folks to take to their Sister Church in the mountains. We will drive a lot tomorrow. I will actually drive a pickup truck from Guatemala City to Xela ("Shayla") then to a town called Comitancillo (Comi). Jenny and Deacon and I will stay in a guest house while the team goes to visit their sister church. I don't know Spanish or Mam or the culture or anything and being away from Jenny for a few days right now is not the best idea. Pray that God guides me as I drive. It will be an adventure.

We should be back in Xela next Monday where we will settle in to our new apartment in a guest house near the language school.

We're doing ok. I tell people that we're hanging in there and that's about it. We're tired even though we're sleeping pretty good. This whole deal is pretty stressful I reckon. I can tell you that the e-mails we have received have lifted our hearts. We have felt your prayers. I cannot explain it, but it is very real. God is very much with us and He is so very good at lavishing His mercy on us. Please pray for us, however. Our adventure has only begun.

To those who read this blog, we love you. Thank you for loving us and praying for us. God's goodness is most clearly seen in retrospect. Praise Him as we look back and forward to all He has in Guatemala.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

we are so happy that y'all arrived safely! we have been and will continue to pray for you!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!!! Glad to hear that you are there and well...We will be praying for you.

Thanks for the update...and now the adventure begins.

We are praying.