Friday

Prayer and such

Reading one of my favorite blogs got me thinking about prayer.
Here's a few of my favorite quotes. All from the same guy, I know.


“Prayer is the secret work that develops a life that is thoroughly authentic and deeply human”

“Prayer is never complete and unrelieved solitude; it is, though, carefully protected and skillfully supported intimacy”

“Before God in prayer we do not remain the same…God feels our pains but He does not indulge our self-pity” (my favorite)


all by - Eugene Peterson

I love those. Anyone want to share your favorite quotes?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, so what's your favorite blog where you got these quotes? love to read it too.

Mike

Schweers' Mom said...

Have you read, "Prayer: a Holy Occupation" by Oswald Chambers? It's a small little book FILLED with great quotes by Chambers. I don't think I could pick a favorite one - they are all great!

Thanks for yours - I'll have to copy them. I am a big fan of Eugene Peterson. I especially liked the last quote you listed.

Brandon and Jenny said...

One of my favorite blogs....why your's Mike :-)

I've never read that Chambers book, I'll have to get that.

Anonymous said...

ooooohhh....

thanks. Ok, lunch this week? When?

Joye said...

The subject of prayer seems to be on a lot of people's minds right now. I think we need to pay attention, don't you?