Monday

Open up


Ok. I admit I've been on a rollercoaster here the past few weeks. My lovely bride can attest to that.

But man, the past couple of times in the Word have just been, well, amazing. I read Psalm 80 yesterday and 81 today and I am just so excited. I can't help but share. I'm not trying to caramel dip a rotten apple either. We're really stressed. But God is just so dadgum good.

Take just this one verse:

81:10
"I, the LORD, am your God,
Who brought you up from the land of Egypt;
Open your mouth wide and I will fill it."

I, The LORD, am your God

God is God and I am not. There is only 1 God and its not me or anything or anybody else. He establishes the foundation: God is who He is. He alone is God and that singular truth is paramount, monumental. Huge!

Who brough you up from the land of Egypt

You can only be brought up if you are lower than you ought to be. God is not the God who leaves us in Egypt, in slavery, bondage and fear. No! He brings us UP! He leads us out. He sets us free. Remember that, Brandon! He is a redeemer of the lost, a restorer of the broken, a freer of slaves and a breaker of chains. He is the I AM and He always was and always will be. Holy smokes that puts things into perspective.

Open your mouth wide and I will fill it.

Only God can say this and make it true. An open mouth is a gateway to either nourishment and life or poison and death. God is who redeems, brings up and out. He is good. So when we open our mouths what will He fill it with but goodness? A wide mouth like a baby birds. open wide, eyes closed, knowing that whatever enters in from God will be good. Trust God and He will take care of you. It doesn't say, "Purse closed your lips and I will force in the spoon." But that's what I do on so many days. Deacon does that now because I have given him food that is nourishing and good but that he doesn't like. Why would I ever purse my lips to God? It is His very nature to fill open mouths with His goodness.



I have no idea what everyone is going through right now. But don't listen to my words. Listen to the Lord's! "Open your mouth wide and I will fill it" How amazing. How...wow. He is good and huge and I love Him because He is all those things.

Will you join me in opening your mouth wide to Him? Open wide and close your eyes and then let us praise His name together.



*7 days to departure*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thrilled you are going, wish you could stay...can't wait to see what God will do in your lives....it will be exciting!

praying for you...

Kathy said...

We will be praying for you. I hope you will have a chance to keep your blog updated. Is there internet in the Mayan land you will be living?