Friday

Everything changed

Everything was different after Genesis 3.

I don't know much, but I know that sin...stinks. Who knows what life was like before Adam and Eve took that fruit, but I know it was good.

No pain.
No death.
No hurt.
No arguments.
No tears.
No hate.
No sin.

Now there are all those things.

And yet....there IS joy, the IS life, there IS peace, there IS hope even in the midst of all that is so bad. Even in the midst of the space that I take up there can be these things.

Of course that creates tension.

But isn't tension the element that keeps us interested? Doesn't tension keep the story moving, keep us hooked. Without tension we would never have relief, resolution, redemption.

How amazing it is that people can be involved in the story of God. They have been all along. They will be forever.

Everything changed. Everything got worse. But everything doesn't have to stay that way. I can't wait to see what come next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brandon, it´s Abby, you know, your crazy Ecuadorian friend? I would love your email address so I can add you to my list of updates, and I would love to know how you are doing. Please email me at abbylorenc@yahoo.com Please give a big bear hug to Jenny for me. I am praying for you guys.